I am a caring, non-judgmental and supportive Psychologist with many years counselling experience in helping resolve:
- Stress and anxiety. I have an extensive background in working with these issues. I use a variety of therapy modes, being mindful of the individual client needs.
- Mood disorders. I work alongside General Practitioners to treat mood disorders and/or depressive illnesses and assist their patients to manage their illness and restore their emotional balance and general wellbeing.
- Working towards wellbeing and the development of optimum mental health for women.
- Infertility and IVF. I have many years of experience assisting women and men understand and resolve issues associated with infertility and IVF programmes.
- Clarity with decisions concerning an unplanned pregnancy. I have had extensive experience helping individuals and couples as a counsellor with The Preterm Foundation and Gynaecare.
- Issues of Grief and Loss. I established my treatment model after three years of study at the Bereavement Care Centre. I work with clients to come to terms with the consequences of the loss of a pregnancy or miscarriage, the loss of a loved one or a relationship.
- Life changes. I have worked with many clients that need support and strategies to enable them to move forward in their lives.
- Resolving issues associated with unemployment or changes in work situations.
Treatment methods and modalities
I use many different methods and integrate several styles and thinking into my therapy sessions such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), acceptance commitment therapy (ACT), interpersonal therapy, skills training and mindfulness.
- I have worked in Private Practice since 1984 as well as working in mental health clinics, the Bereavement Care Centre and women’s health and infertility clinics.
- I have worked as a registered Nurse and Midwife prior to training as a Psychologist.
- I am a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) and the Australian and New Zealand Infertility Counsellors Association (ANZICA).
My sessions are usually one hour in length and cost $150.
Medicare rebates are available if you have been referred to me by a General Practitioner or Psychiatrist who has recommended a Mental Health Care Plan. These plans provide for up to 10 subsidised sessions in a calendar year. The cost after the Medicare rebate for a client who has a Mental Health Care Plan is currently $65.20.
If you have a GP Mental Health Care Plan, it is essential that you bring a copy of your plan to your first appointment with Sally Hume.
Private Health Fund Rebates
Rebates are often available from your private health fund where they provide for psychological services.
Appointments and Enquiries
For appointments please book now or contact Sally Hume if the available times do not suit.
If you can’t get in as soon as you’d like, don’t worry! We always have cancellations and you can go on our waitlist (please contact Sally to get on her waitlist). It may be wise to book 2 or 3 sessions in advance to secure the times you want. You can always reschedule appointments if need be. NB: Keep your notification emails to cancel online.